Saturday, June 9, 2012

Support

When you have things happening to your body, it can be hard to understand.  Even after years of having certain syndromes, or diseases, it's tough to really understand the effect it has on your body, and your mind.  Imagine not having these things, and trying to understand.  It's almost impossible.  I am lucky enough to have an amazing mom who drops everything to help me.  She takes me to doctors appointments, she gets me prescriptions, she's shown me how to take my medicine, or injections when I have no idea when I am doing.  She takes me to the ER when necessary, she is just always doing for me, and I can't even express my appreciation.  I have her as a major support in my life, along with a few friends, and family members. 

One big help for me right now, is talking to women that I meet online who have some of the same ailments as I have.  A support system is necessary, and it's hard to find.  I have joined a few pages on Facebook, that have helped a lot, and a few new pages, that so far, seem amazing.  The women (and some men) are empathetic, sympathetic, understanding, informative, and just wonderful.  It doesn't matter that I can't see these people.  It's probably better that they can't see me! (Haha) Their support and understanding gets me through rough days, sometimes.  Days, when no one can really understand or help me, not even those closest to me.  Miserable days when I can't, or don't want to function.  These women help.

So, if you're dealing with an illness or something along the lines, and need support, don't be afraid to look up pages or groups like these! Jump right in, and introduce yourself, it makes a difference in your life!

Fibromyalgia, the new 'F' word

Addisons Disease Awarness

Cushies on Facebook (Cushings Syndrome)

Got Diabetes Insipidus?

Pituitary Tumor Awareness

Pituitary Chat Friends

T1Diabetes

No comments:

Post a Comment