Friday, March 30, 2012

Becoming Your Own Soul Mate

I think everyone, regardless of whether they realize it or not, is searching for the perfect mate, or "soul mate." Someone who is the mirror image of you- intellectually, morally, spiritually. Someone who knows you, completely, someone who knows your every flaw, and loves you, in spite of them, and vice-versa.

I wonder, though, how is it possible to find this soul mate, unless you, yourself ARE your soul mate? As in, you have to know yourself, you have to love yourself, before it is possible to do those things with another person. I believe that through experiences, maturity, a LOT of alone time, and an open mind, you can accomplish this. 

I feel like I went through my whole life, until I was about 24, with my head in the ground. Totally unaware of what my mind was capable of.  I might not be comfortable with who I am on the outside (at the moment) but I absolutely love who I am on the inside.  That absolutely does not mean that there is no room for improvement.  I am constantly willing, and wanting to improve myself, and my life, in every aspect.  But, I love who I am.  It's taken years, but I have finally become my own soul mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment