Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cliche

There are a lot of things in this world, that I don't understand. One of them, is sadness, or constant turmoil over a relationship. I don't understand how strong women become shells of themselves over these men.  Especially women with children.

If you are a single mother, and your whole focus is men, then you have definitely got your priorities wrong. I see girls going back and forth in their relationships- single, not single, single. Are they looking for a daddy figure for their child? That's creepy. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with another man coming into your life at some point, and falling into that father role- if necessary- but do not go searching for it.  If I could give you single mothers (and fathers,) a little piece of advice, it would be this: Do NOT introduce your new significant other to your child until you've been dating for a few months, at the very least. I get that when you care about someone, you want them to meet and end up liking your child, and you also want your child to meet, and like them. Tough. The point, is to get to know that person enough, to know that you will be with that person for a long time. Your children do not need to be meeting man, after man, after man. (or woman, in men's cases) It's unhealthy for them, and confusing. 

And women with no children, you've sort of got it easy. I hate to say that, because no situation can be compared equally until you've been in all of them, but trust me, I have been.  It's easy to meet guys, although not necessarily the right guys. It's easier to bring them around the house, it's easier to do whatever you want with them, without having to worry about another (cuter, smaller) person. My problem with you women, is that you don't bother to get to know yourselves. I know it sounds cliche', but if you don't get to know, love, and respect yourself, you'll get nothing positive in return. I WAS you, so don't think I'm just some judgemental bitty up on her high horse. No, before I learned any of this, I was running around, throwing myself at people, because.... I don't know? Lack of attention? Sluttyness? Call it what you will, it's pathetic. Even if you are not sleeping with these people, it's still kind of trashy. I know it's not easy, but love yourselves! You are so worth it. Do this, for yourself, and eventually, a wonderful man, who also deserves that same love and respect, will come around. He'll treat you like gold, because that's what you demand of others, when you realize your worth. 

Or maybe I'm picturing something that only happens in fairy tails? Maybe It's a little easier for me, personally to focus on only my child, or my education, or myself, simply because I haven't been in a (real) relationship in years.  Maybe, if I ever enter that dating game, once again, I'll realize that's it's not as easy as just "loving yourself" to get the right man to come along.  Maybe you could love the shit out of yourself, but get taken advantage of, because some people are just plain bad. I, personally, have no desire to be with anyone now. I have no desire to be married. Right now, my main focus is my son, and school. (I have one "love of my life" that I would probably marry in a minute, if asked, but that won't happen, so it's a non issue.) 

Just try not to waste your life constantly worrying about men, or other people, in general. While you sit there crying over a man who just broke your heart, you are missing out on time with your child. Or time with friends, and family. Don't let someone else be in control of your life. I am WOMAN. Hear me ROAR. *giggle*


2 comments:

  1. This is so well written & well said. I get really upset over this same issue. Especially when they are women that I loved & respect. I just want to slap them into reality of what's important, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a point in my life where I took a break from dating and just focused on me. I went on "dates" by myself, I went to the movies by myself, I ate by myself. I just had fun! And at times it was lonely, but I learned to love myself and be independent! I learned that I don't need a guy to make me happy. My world is not over! That went on for 2+ yrs. And then I met a great guy and the rest Is history. He was what I wanted and needed. He was and is my prince charming :)

    ReplyDelete