Friday, May 11, 2012

Mommy Reincarnate: The Truth Hurts

If you know me, at all, you've probably heard or seen my rantings and ravings on my anti-religious views.  However, if you ask me, "Jamie, do you believe in reincarnation?" I'd have to answer, "Yes."

I feel like life after you have a child, is completely different.  It's literally like living two different lives in one lifetime. 

Life before child:

  • Tight, low-rise jeans      
  • Cute, little hoodies
  • Small shirts, big boobs
  • Hair looking cute (most days)
  • Make-up, normally
  • Cute jewelery
  • Loud music
  • Constant Shows (local bands)
  • Constant friends
  • Constant partying
  • Working two jobs
  •  Tanning almost every day, in between said jobs
  • Quitting job, because I didn't have enough time to party
  • Finding a random paycheck from work, because I had so much money coming in, that I didn't realize I hadn't cashed a paycheck.
  • Best friend, Bobbi.  Always with each other.
  • Stayed out all night, slept all day
  • Cute boys
  • Clean house
  • Cleanish room.
  • Always time to read a book
  • Go see a movie whenever I wanted
  • Made random shopping trips, just for something to wear that night
  • Lots of drama between myself and boyfriends
  • Walked to the track every night, to run a few miles, and walk home. 
  • Walked 15 miles with Bobbi, once. From my house to Waldameer
  • Random tattoos
  • Many, many piercings
  • Could drink beer like any one of my male friends. (almost)
  • Fun, fun, fun, and did I mention, fun? 
 Life After Child
  •  Fat jeans. Because lets face it, I ain't skinny. I wish I would have appreciated those skinny(ish) days
  • Over-sized sweatshirts, boobs hidden
  • I get my hair done maybe once a year. Maybe
  • I'm lucky if I actually take the time to wash my hair daily.
  • My jewelery is a medical ID bracelet.  Although, I am about to get a new one, so that's exciting.
  • When I wear make-up to class now, people treat me like they don't recognize me. Are the bags under my eyes THAT bad, you guys?!
  • I don't go to shows, or concerts.
  • I don't even listen to my loud, "crazy" music if N is around. I don't think it's appropriate all the time.
  • I have a few friends, about a hundred  acquaintances.
  • The few friends that I do have, I rarely see outside of school, or in between terms for about 2 days.  My old best friends and I rarely speak. But I love her to death. That won't change.
  • I don't go to bars, often, if at all anymore.  Various reasons.  Mostly I hate all of the Ms. Skinny McSlutty Pants who are always there.  
  • Another reason- don't really like to drink anymore. Scratch that- Don't like HANGOVERS.
  • Two jobs? I am not that motivated. 
  • Too much money? Really?? AH I could just slap my 18-year old self!! 
  • I don't even remember what a sunburn feels like.  I am so pale, I'm almost translucent. 
  • I still don't sleep at night. But if I'm tired, or sleep during the day, I feel like the BIGGEST Ahole.
  • The cutest boy I know is my 5 year old son.
  • But, I actually managed to have one crush within the past few years: My religion teacher at college. Ironically. 
  • Clean house? Clean house? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... ETC.
  • I do still make time to read.  It's what keeps me sane, and my brain from becoming complete mush.
  • Every time I go shopping for something decent to wear, I end up buying something cute for N. Because 1. It's usually cheaper than what I'd want. 2. I don't have to stress about trying it on in the fitting room.
  • Have technically been single since I broke up with my first love.  Oh. Still not over that.  Talk about needing to move on.
  • The last time I went to a movie, it was Puss N' Boots.  And I fell asleep.  I was thankful for the nap.
  • I need to exercise more.  I'll leave it at that.
  • I took out all of my piercings, except for my ears as soon as I found out that I was "with child." 
  • Who has money for a tattoo?
  • Who has money for beer?
  • Who has money for fun?




No comments:

Post a Comment