Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Hunger Games, Mockingjay, and Other Books.

I absolutely recommend The Hunger Games trilogy to anyone, and everyone!

I was able to get through the first two books in about 2-3 days each. Could not manage to put them down, once I found the time to read them!

The last one, however, "Mockingjay," took me at least 3 weeks. Not to completely ruin it for anyone, but this book was beyond boring.

While reading it, all I could picture was grey, doom, gloom, cloudy days. It was seriously just boring and more boring. I do suggest you read it, or better yet, read the synopsis, and save yourself the $7.00
In the middle of the book, I looked online, read the plot, and I was completely satisfied with that. Truly. That's how bored I was.

Books I am currently reading:
  1. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy (I am very intimidated by this book for some reason... so I've decided to give it a go.)
  2. Fairy Tales Every Child Should Know by Hamilton Write Mable (I'm reading stories out of this book to N every night. The big words, I am hoping, will improve his vocabulary. Or put him to sleep. So far, at least one of those things happen every night.)
  3. Flappers and Philosophers by Francis Scot Fitzgerald
  4. An Essay Concerning Human Understanding by John Locke
Sometimes, I pick books for specific reasons. I might not even finish them, but I'll let you know.



Books I just finished:

  1. The Giver by Lois Lowry (I've read this before as a child, easy read, but I loved it)
  2. The Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
  3. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
  4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  5. History of a Suicide by Jill Biolosky (I stopped reading this, but that's not because it was badly written, or uninteresting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment