Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day



Tomorrow is Mother's Day.  And, as usual, around this time of year, I am completely broke.  So, I think we are going to have dinner at her house, with my grandma, and I'm going to get her drunk, so that she doesn't realize how lame her children are for not buying much. 
 I did think of some pretty decent mother's day ideas though, for those of you who might be having trouble thinking of ideas, and have been smart enough to save some cash.

  • Take her to a movie
  • I would say "Taker her to dinner," But you know, as well as I do, that every decent restaurant around, will be packed full, and if your moms are anything like mine, she will be miserable, and end up hating you.
  • Cook for her, her favorite dinner
  • Make her breakfast, in bed
  • Take her to get her hair done
  • Go get mani/pedis
  • Help her in her garden, if she's into that type of thing.
  • Get a bunch of pictures of you, and her, or you, and your siblings and make a small memory book.
  • Go to the beach together, and look for beach glass
  • Make her a macaroni necklace, or photo. Hey, she loved it when you were 5, she'll love it, now.

Anyways, I'm sure that lately, my mother has been regretting her decision to give birth to me, but I'm almost 100% sure that abortion at 315 months is illegal in any state that you live in.  (in case she was reconsidering!) 

I love my mom, and grandma, and I don't think I would have much of a life, if they weren't in it. 
Also, I have some amazing aunts, who I do not tell often enough that I love them. 

I am very lucky to have such strong, intelligent, hilarious women in my life. And I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment