Sunday, April 1, 2012

White Kids Without Ipads



Okay, this made me laugh. And then I died a little, because I believe there are a ton of parents out there who actually buy their small children very expensive shit. 

  • Will my son ever have an ipad? Maybe by the time they're not even cool, anymore.
  • A cell phone? Maybe a track phone when he's about 13, and I need to constantly check up on him. Or I could let him ride his bike home from wherever he's at, every hour, to check in. That's what I used to do. 
  • A laptop? Depends on if it's necessary for school. And if that's the case- shouldn't THEY provide one? What are my taxes paying for, exactly? 

You get the idea. Kids are spoiled. Including my own. I use the excuse, "He's an only child, so it's easy to spoil him." Like, "oops.... I accidentally just bought him everything he wanted. hmp. How'd that happen?!"

I think some people's mindsets are "I want my kids to have it better than I did." That's great and all, but, why? I mean, I turned out pretty great, (hehe) so obviously what I had, or didn't have, was just enough, right? 

Get it together people!

2 comments:

  1. That was the first time I've seen that video & I was pretty much peeing my pants. I hate how greedy kids are now & how dumb parents are for buying them shit like that. I'm with you on the cell phone thing though. At least that is for safety reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew wants an Ipad, cellphone, and a laptop...he started asking for these when he was 6 and well he just turned 8 and I don't feel they are necessary in his life right now....of course he disagrees but he still doesn't have them....maybe when he's old enough to get a job and buy them himself! Kids are way to spoiled nowadays including mine but we try to not spoil with overpriced gadgets just because he claims his friends have them!

    ReplyDelete